The ICARE Difference
All Saint Mary’s Hospital employees commit to ICARE values which stand for:
This translates to high quality, care and exceptional service for you and your loved ones, provided in a clean, safe environment.
Why Choose Saint Mary's?
At Saint Mary’s Hospital, we understand that healthcare is a personal choice. That is why we go the extra mile to provide high quality, cost-effective medical services delivered in a safe, clean and spiritually enriched environment. Every member of the Saint Mary’s team is warm, attentive and highly trained to provide exceptional care for every patient, every day.
Take a look at our exceptional physicians, nurses, medical and support staff who, together, make Saint Mary's Hospital the clear choice for your care.
Following are just a few of the many ways Saint Mary’s Hospital excels in providing the best healthcare in Waterbury, CT, and beyond.
Quality, Award-Winning Healthcare
In healthcare there are a variety of standards established by government and independent agencies to assess a hospital’s ability to deliver care that is cost-effective, safe, and timely. Saint Mary’s consistently exceeds high standards of care in:
- Safety - Proven results and many programs and initiatives support our commitment to providing the safest environment for our patients
- Speed – We're one of CT’s top hospitals, providing life-saving treatment for heart attack patients - fast
- Value – We're recognized as one of the nations’ top 100 hospitals in offering care that is lower in cost, but higher in value, according to the leading consulting firm Cleverley + Associates
- Cardiac Care – We've earned 7 Gold Awards from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, and we've been recognized as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care® by the BlueCross BlueShield Association
- Stroke Care – We've earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Cancer Care – We're accredited with commendations from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) for offering the very best in cancer care
- Certification – We also have full accreditation from the Joint Commission, including Specific Care Certification for wound care, along with certifications from the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, and accreditation from the American College of Radiology
Saint Mary’s is a faith-based, Mission-driven organization providing quality, compassionate healthcare to individuals of all faiths and denominations. We support and encourage your spiritual nurturing by providing pastoral care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure to visit our beautiful chapel located just off the Main Lobby. For more information, please visit the Spiritual Care page.
Saint Mary’s Hospital invests in the latest technological advancements to ensure that you always receive the best care possible. Some of the advances available to our patients and healthcare providers include:
- A Robotic-Assisted Surgery program that is one of the largest in New England, and the only one in Waterbury, offering quicker recoveries and virtually scarless results.
- The O-Arm® Surgical Imaging System, an advanced, multi-dimensional navigation system that makes brain and spine surgery safer. Saint Mary’s is one of only 4 hospitals in the state to offer patients the advantages of this new technology.
- A Level II Trauma Center supported by LifeStar helicopter services when urgent transport is needed.
- Fully digital imaging services including wide-bore MRI, 64-slice CT scanning, mammography, ultrasound, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, bone density and X-ray services designed for quick and accurate diagnoses.
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) chambers to speed healing in challenging medical situations.
Going the Extra Mile for You!
Your comfort is important to us. Saint Mary’s staff and volunteers are ready with lots of “little extras” to make you feel at home.
- Upon your hospital admission, you will receive a complimentary tote bag filled with a variety of personal care items. The Saint Mary’s Comfort Cabinets, located on each inpatient unit, are well stocked with playing cards, puzzle books, note cards and reading glasses that will make Saint Mary’s feel like your home away from home.
- For a restful sleep, eye masks and earplugs are provided, along with a comforting evening prayer which is offered at 9 p.m. daily.
- Every new mother in our Women and Infants’ Center is treated to a gift basket of fruit, water, and granola bars during their stay as well as a complimentary massage from our licensed massage therapist. And when you are ready to head home with your new bundle of joy, you also will receive a beautiful new Vera Bradley bag filled with goodies.
- Free Cheer Cards are available to brighten every patient’s hospital stay. Friends and family can Send a Cheer Card right through this website.
Valet parking, a personalized dining program with a host or hostess to support your dietary needs, and a dedicated surgical concierge program, are some of the many other extras that will make a big difference in your stay.
Saint Mary’s Hospital, at 56 Franklin Street, Waterbury, CT, is located right off I-84 with ample visitor parking and in close proximity to area hotels, restaurants, shops and the Brass Mill Center shopping mall. Within the hospital, you will find convenient amenities, including a gift shop, ATM, several eateries, and our chapel, adjacent to the Main Lobby.
For outpatient services, non-urgent medical care, blood tests, imaging, lab services and more, you can access our many satellite medical practices and partner facilities for exceptional care when and where you need it.