“I came to Connecticut because I wanted something new and different. What drew me to Saint Mary’s Hospital is that it is a teaching hospital and this is why I continue to stay at Saint Mary’s because of the learning aspect, I enjoy learning from the people around me.”
Genevieve, RN relocated from Panora, Iowa
Saint Mary’s provides relocation assistance to those clinical professional candidates, who accept offers of employment, who move to the greater Waterbury area from a location outside of Connecticut that is more than 50 miles from Saint Mary’s Hospital.
Relocation assistance always requires the approval of the Nursing Director and is not available to New Graduates.
We offer up to $5,000 relocation assistance to qualified individuals from the United States and up to $4,000 to Canadian or other foreign nationals for the following expenses:
- One interview trip for the employee
- One house-hunting trip for the employee and spouse, up to a total of 5 days
- Actual cost of shipping /trucking of personal belongings and household goods or the cost of a truck rental from place of current residence to home location to CT
- If renting an apartment, condo or house, a security deposit towards one month’s rent to a maximum of $1,000.00
- If purchasing a condo or house reimbursement towards closing costs to a maximum of $1,000.00
Saint Mary’s issues reimbursement after the candidate returns their signed offer letter and commences employment. Reimbursement of relocation expenses requires submission of the original supporting documents.
- Expenses incurred by the employee and/or their immediate family members after arriving in the Waterbury area are the responsibility of the employee.
- All documents must be submitted within 60 days of the employee’s start date and must be accompanied by a signed copy of the relocation agreement.
- All relocation reimbursements are reported on the employee’s W2. Expenses considered qualified by the IRS will be shown as pre-tax income.
- In the event an employee who received relocation assistance chooses to leave regular employment with Saint Mary’s within two years they are responsible for repayment of the monies received based on the following schedule:
- 100 % if employed less than 6 months
- 75 % if employed at least 6 months but less than 12 months
- 50 % if employed at least 12 months but less than 18 months
- 25 % if employed at least 18 months, but less than 24 months
For more information please contact the clinical recruiter at (203) 709-3031 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.