Saint Mary’s Hospital Student Nurse Internship Program
Qualified applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited RN program and must have completed two (2) semesters of clinical nursing rotations by summer 2014. This is an 8 week program and is open to the following students:
- For those enrolled in a 4 year program =junior nursing students entering their senior year.
- For those enrolled in a 2 year program=must be entering second year of program in the fall of 2014.
A commitment of 16-24 hours per week is required. Following formal classroom orientation, students are assigned to one unit for 8 weeks (June to August). This is an unpaid internship.
We will begin accepting applications for the summer 2014 program on Monday, February 3, 2014. The application deadline for the summer 2014 program is Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- To apply, email your resume only to Dorothy.Barrow@stmh.org . Please be sure your resume contains your grade point average (GPA) and information regarding all clinical rotations completed. You are not required to submit letters of recommendation or transcripts at this time. If you are selected to interview, you will be asked to bring transcripts and recommendation letters with you to your interview.
- You may apply to one department only – please specify in your email the department you are interested in.
The following departments will be accepting student nurse interns during the summer of 2014
Inpatient Behavioral Health
Labor and Delivery
- We will confirm receipt of all submissions by email.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to phone inquiries.
If you are selected to interview for an intern position you will be contacted by phone no later than March 31, 2014 so that we may schedule your onsite interview.
Those not selected for an interview will be notified by mail during the last week of March 2014.
Thank you for your interest in our internship program.