Nurse Practice Council's Definition of Nursing
Nursing is a dynamic, ever changing, individualized, interpersonal and physical interaction between the patient, (and/or the patient’s family) and the nurse; within the context of a technological, scientific, caring and supportive environment, and with the respect for the patient’s spiritual beliefs. This interaction is directed at assisting those in need to regain, stabilize and maintain the highest level of health with dignity throughout the course of life.
Registered Nurse Opportunities at Saint Mary's Hospital-
Shift Clinical Supervisor - Nights, Part time (24 hours)
Critical Care RN - Nights, Part time (24 hours)
Emergency Department RN - Nights, Part time(24 hours)
- Attractive salaries, reflecting your experience
- Outstanding differentials
- Competitive benefits including 401K and company-paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- On-site Child Development Center (based on availability)
- Flexible scheduling - most units have every other weekend off
- Eight and twelve hour shifts available
- One week classroom orientation including Paragon EMR
- Individual preceptor
- Competency-based clinical orientation with designated clinical educator
- Commitment to continuing education including up to $2000 per year for tuition reimbursement
Acute pediatric care for the Waterbury area is provided at the Connecticut Children's Medical Center - Waterbury unit located at Saint Mary's Hospital.
Experienced pediatric nurses wishing to be considered for a position in the Waterbury area should visit the Connecticut Children's Medical Center website.