At Saint Mary’s Hospital, your care is important to us from the moment you walk through our door until you safely return home. Members of your care team will involve you and your family members in all decisions about the safe transition of your care, getting you back on your feet as quickly as possible.
Steps to Discharge
- Your nurse and discharge planner will help you develop a plan of care for when you leave the hospital.
- You will be provided with written discharge instructions and the opportunity to ask questions.
- Your care team will make every effort to help you leave the hospital by 11 AM on your day of discharge.
- If you are going home, you will need to arrange for safe transportation in advance (See "Getting Home Safely" below.)
After Your Hospital Stay
Your care often continues beyond your hospital stay. Members of your Saint Mary’s care team will provide you with a list of home health providers to help you chose the services (care options that are right for you) that your doctor has ordered. We offer assistance in:
- Arranging for home care services
- Setting up transfer to another care facility (i.e. rehabilitation or skilled nursing)
- Obtaining medical equipment and supplies
- Ordering prescription medications
You may find the “Discharge Planning Checklist” (PDF), a document from Medicare.gov helpful in your planning process.
Your care team also includes licensed clinical social workers who are available to support you in any way, including providing educational materials for you and family members, and offering information on support groups or classes. If you or your family members have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Getting Home Safely
For your safety and the safety of others, we require that patients have a trusted escort (adult family member or friend) drive you to and from the hospital. Please follow the advice of your doctor and care team upon leaving the hospital. For example, your doctor may recommend that you not drive a car or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after discharge. Your escort may park in either the Visitors Parking Garage on Cole Street or in the open-air lot on Franklin Street across from the hospital entrance. Please find more information on the Directions page.
Patient Satisfaction Survey
Once you have settled in at home, you may receive a telephone call from HealthStream Research. This call has been arranged by Saint Mary’s to ask you about your patient experience. Please respond honestly to the survey questions to help us continue to provide exceptional care for every patient, every day. If you have any concerns about your stay, you are always welcome to contact a Patient Advocate by calling (203) 709-6285.
We appreciate having the opportunity to serve you and your family and provide for all of your healthcare needs. In addition to exceptional hospital care, Saint Mary’s offers a variety of outpatient services from blood tests to X-rays and more. Please visit the Locations page for information on our many facilities.