Thank you for your interest in St. Mary’s Hospital. Pursuant to Board policy all individuals seeking appointment to the Medical and Dental Staff of St. Mary’s Hospital are asked to complete the Application Request Form. Applications may be mailed to applicants after consideration of criteria, which include but are not, limited to the following:
- Are licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut, or licensure has been applied for and is pending.
- Have actively practiced their relevant clinical specialty or been in training for at least 18 months of the past 24 months.
- Have established or plan to establish an office and residence in the commuting area of the hospital or can document coverage with practitioners who do.
- Presently have privileges in an accredited hospital so that current references regarding your performance as a staff member can be evaluated.
- Have a current DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) number or is pending.
- Maintain professional liability insurance with a minimum amount to be determined by each clinical department.
- Are Board certified or eligible (i.e. have completed an approved training program) in your specialty.
- Agree to participate in Medical Staff activities such as attending meetings or committees as defined by the Bylaws and Medical Staff rules and procedures.
I agree with the above and would like to submit a request for an application. Upon receipt of the Application Request Form the information will be reviewed and an application may be sent to me.
Completed applications will be reviewed by the Credentials and Executive Committees of the Medical Staff. If all required information is received promptly, you can expect the processing to take approximately three months. Following these steps, the final decision is made by the Board of Directors.
Click here for the Application Request Form