Welcome to Saint Mary's Continuing Medical Education Program
Saint Mary's Hospital Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program is accredited by the Connecticut State Medical Society to award AMA Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 Credits™ to U.S. licensed physicians for participation in its educational activities. As an accredited provider, Saint Mary's Hospital ensures that its programming is based on expert opinion, learners' needs and other evaluative processes. Its CME Program provides educational activities that are scientifically based, current and presented without bias.
As an accredited sponsor of CME, Saint Mary's Hospital adheres to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education's (ACCME) requirements as outlined in its "Essentials" and "Standards for Commercial Support," and supports ACCME's definition of CME. For more information about the Mission of CME, visit the CME Mission page.
CME Category I Application Forms
Guidelines for CME Events
Before submitting a CME form, you should:
- Determine if the CME program is a one time, single event or part of a series or other on-going educational programming. If it is single event, continue with the online form. Otherwise, contact the CME Coordinator at (203) 709-8685.
- Fill in all sections of the application form.
- All individuals involved in the planning and presentation of a CME program must fill out and sign "Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships Statement.
- If the program is receiving funding, please have checks made payable to Saint Mary's Hospital Continuing Medical Education
For mail inquiries, send to:
Continuing Medical Education
Saint Mary's Hospital
56 Franklin Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
You can also contact:
Joanne Calandrino, CME Coordinator
203-709-8685, (203) 709-3518 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Borz-Baba, MD, Director of Continuing Medical Education
(203) 709-8685 Carolina.email@example.com