Sleep affects all aspects of your life, so Saint Mary’s Sleep Disorders Center offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to help you get the rest you need. The center, with two convenient locations in Waterbury and Wolcott, is fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and provides testing and treatment to help you get a good night’s sleep again.
Sleep Disorder Center Services
- Pediatric (for children 12 months old & up) and adult care
- CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) Masks, oral appliance therapy and CPAP Mask Testing
- Sleep testing in your own home or at our center, in a comfortable, modern room, with cable TV and bathroom and shower facilities
- Home Sleep Testing is a diagnostic procedure that monitors your blood oxygen saturation, respiratory effort, oro-nasal breathing and pulse rate while you sleep in the comfort of your own home. Interested patients should schedule a formal sleep consultation.
Sleep Disorder Symptoms
Researchers estimate as many as 70 million Americans suffer from some type of sleep disorder. Signs you might have a sleep disorder include:
- Creeping sensation in your legs
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Interrupted breathing witnessed by a partner
- Need for caffeine during the day
- Trouble falling back to sleep after nighttime waking
- Waking too early
Learn more about sleep problems and insomnia in our online health library.